[squid-users] kernel: Out of memory: Kill process (squid)

Cherukuri, Naresh ncherukuri at partycity.com
Tue Aug 8 19:42:42 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am getting a problem every 19 hours which is  squid takes all RAM memory, when my physical memory is full it started using swap space until my swap is full. Finally  (OOM) is activating on server and killing all squid child's one by one at last squid parent. Can someone help me how to address this problem?

Why every 19 hours my memory is going to full?

How much Ram do I need for following squid version?

Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20

Mem:         11845       2713       9132         14         71       1641

-/+ buffers/cache:       1000      10845

Swap:        25551        421      25130

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh