[squid-users] Crash: every 19 hours: kernel: Out of memory: Kill process (squid)

Cherukuri, Naresh ncherukuri at partycity.com
Tue Aug 8 13:28:22 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am new to squid. I am getting a problem every 19 hours squid takes all RAM memory, then started taking swap in  20 minutes my swap is full. Then server side (OOM) is activating and killing all squid child's then finally killing squid parent. Can someone help me how to address this problem?

Why every 19 hours my memory is going to full?

How much Ram do I need for following squid version?

Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20

Mem:         11845       2713       9132         14         71       1641
-/+ buffers/cache:       1000      10845
Swap:        25551        421      25130

Thanks,
Naresh