[squid-users] never_direct allow all causing 'ERROR 500: Internal Server Error'

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Aug 7 11:57:49 UTC 2017

On 03/08/17 07:49, Lei Wen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am setting up the transparent HTTP/HTTPS proxy cluster with whiltelist
> only, and stuck at having issue 'ERROR 500: Internal Server Error'.
> After couple days tuning and digging, I narrow down the problem to
> directive 'never_direct'.
>
> After removing this line, the error message is gone. But seems sibling
> cache will only work for HTTP, HTTPS will not go to sibling.

Since the cache_peer config I gave you earlier did not help I'm afraid
there is nothing else just involving config that will work either for
that Squid version.

Your options are now to try a more recent Squid. Up to and including the
Squid-5 latest development code.

If none of the newer code either works right away, or with the config I
gave then your options are further decreased to hacking around on the
code to figure out what is going on. Christos Tsantilas
(<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ChristosTsantilas>) is the main developer
working on SSL-Bump, for assistance with code-level stuff a mail to
squid-dev mailing list would be best.

Sorry that I cannot be of more help on this. I'm very interested in
finding out what is going wrong for your use-case though - it should be
working for sibling proxies.