[squid-users] shall squid be stopped in order to run "squid -z"

Rafael Akchurin rafael.akchurin at diladele.com
Sat Aug 5 16:59:13 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Sorry my google fu failed today. I could not find the answer to the subj.
The thing is we are building the UI for Squid within our ICAP project and now need to let the admin "re-initialize" the cache_dir.

Shall the squid daemon be stopped while doing this?
Or ideally, is it possible to pass the *new* directory path to "squid -z" and then make a change in the conf followed by "squid -k reconfigure" and erasing the old dir later (how later?).

Thanks to all who replies.
Best regards,
Rafael Akchurin
Diladele B.V.