[squid-users] Need help to solve problem with Squid 3.5.26 SSL Bump setting & iptables rules

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Aug 1 12:17:09 UTC 2017

Hey,

The iptables rules doesn't make any sense:
IPTABLES SETTING

# Generated by iptables-save v1.4.7 on Mon Jul 31 05:43:29 2017
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [8330155:414444635]
-A INPUT -i eth1 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 3128 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3129
-A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3130
-A INPUT -j DROP
COMMIT
# Completed on Mon Jul 31 05:43:29 2017

There is no PREROUTING in the filter table...
Take a peek at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/LinuxRedirect#iptables_configuration

and also I suggest you to use intercept ports such as:
13128 (for http, port 80)
13129 ( for https, port 443)

And not port 3130.

Let me know if it helps with something.