[squid-users] Squid proxy without name resolution for internet adresses behind parent proxy

mbaltruschat marcel at baltruschat.net
Fri Apr 28 10:48:51 UTC 2017

Hello,

with by-itself i mean the squid-cache and/or the host-machine, neither of
them is able to resolve internet hostnames, our dns is just internal. Only
the parent proxy from the Network provider is able to resolve internet
names. So i just want all my request beeing forwarwed without name
resolution.

If i didnt configure a nameserver i dont get any results in mgr:idns, if i
configure it, i get many hits on rcode 0 attempt1 (which i dont understand
since external names cant be resolved) and several "non-existent-Domain"

best regards
M. Baltruschat