[squid-users] Squid proxy without name resolution for internet adresses behind parent proxy

mbaltruschat marcel at baltruschat.net
Fri Apr 28 09:00:33 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

i am trying to migrate my old squid 2.7 to 3.5 and are getting stuck, the
new proxy is very slow, requests need very long until they open, i guess ist
a name resolution problem, because the proxy cant resolve internet domain
names by itself, the name resolution is done by the parent proxy of our
Network Provider. If i look at the statistics by "mgr:info" i see that the
median Service times for dns are around 30 seconds. I guess the old 2.7 just
"ignored" the name resolution because i didnt give him a nameserver to use
and although didnt configure dnshelper.

How can i configure squid not to resolve the names by itself?

Many thanks in advance
Best regards
M. Baltruschat