[squid-users] ssl bump and chrome 58

Flashdown flashdown at data-core.org
Thu Apr 27 16:16:39 UTC 2017

Hello together,

Suddenly I am facing the same issue when users Chrome has been updated
to V58. I am running Squid 3.5.23.

This is the reason:
https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/security-changes-in-chrome-58/
Short: Common Name Support Removed in Chrome 58 and Squid does not
create certs with DNS-Alternatives names in it. Because of that it
fails.

Chrome says:
1. Subject Alternative Name Missing - The certificate for this site does
not contain a Subject Alternative Name extension containing a domain
name or IP address.
2. Certificate Error - There are issues with the site's certificate
chain (net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID).

Can we get Squid to add the DNS-Alternative Name to the generated certs?
Since this is what I believe is now required in Chrome 58+

Best regards,
Enrico