[squid-users] https_port Connection reset by peer; http_port works

chiasa.men chiasa.men at web.de
Sat Apr 22 16:32:03 UTC 2017

Hello folks

I tried to encrypt the connection between client and squid. Therefore I
generated certificates which are accepted by the clients and configured squid
as followed:

Squid.conf
  https_port 10.0.13.10:8443 cert=/cert.pem key=/cert.key
  http_port 10.0.13.10:8080
  http_access allow all

My following tests show that I can use the http port for internet access but
the https port wont work.
  openssl s_client -connect proxy:8443
  # Verify return code: 0 (ok)

  export https_proxy="proxy:8443"
  export http_proxy="proxy:8080"
  curl https://www.google.de
  # curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
  curl http://www.google.de
  # works

  export https_proxy="proxy:8443"
  export http_proxy="$https_proxy"
  curl https://www.google.de
  # curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
  curl http://www.google.de
  # curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

  export http_proxy="proxy:8080"
  export https_proxy="$http_proxy"
  curl https://www.google.de
  # works
  curl http://www.google.de
  # works

What did I wrong? Do I misunderstand something regarding the configuration
options?

Regards Chia