[squid-users] HTTPS woes

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Apr 20 00:21:05 UTC 2017

On 04/19/2017 05:35 PM, Olly Lennox wrote:

> I can confirm that disabling the ssl sesison cache seems to have resolved the issue.

Great!

> I found another post which references this patch to resolve the issue:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/changesets/squid-4-13984.patch

I am not sure that patch is related to any issues I have talked about.
What "another post" did you find?

> I check and the /dev/shm directory does exist with 777 permissions so
> from what I can see the OS should support it. I'm out of my depth
> here so maybe there is more to it but I can't see why squid couldn't
> write to this location.

Forget about my "OS environment is not compatible" theory (at least for
now). I now see that Squid is failing while trying to _open_ that memory
segment as opposed to failing while _creating_ it.

Did Squid try to create it? Set debug_options to "ALL,3 54,9" and search
for "shm_" and "ssl_session_cache" in cache.log for more clues.

Alex.