[squid-users] option to auto-recreate the ssl db ?

turgut kalfaoğlu turgut at kalfaoglu.com
Tue Apr 18 04:50:25 UTC 2017

Hi there.. Could we have an option to auto re-create the ssl database?

For some reason, out of nowhere, I start getting these in the cache.log:
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt
security_file_certgen helper database '/var/lib/ssl_db' failed: Failed
to open file /var/lib/ssl_db/index.txt

# rpm -qa|grep squid
squid-4.0.17-1.fc25.x86_64

Many thanks, -turgut