[squid-users] https log message formatting help

daveh timor at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 10 01:36:55 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reply.

Im parsing squid logs to send to a SIEM to identify IOCs. The SIEM agent
requires a URL to be formatted with http|https://<URI>

It knows then that it can break the string out into various components such
as request URL authority, host etc

Your comment on logging https connections is not what I have found. I would
expect that typing https://something.net will return that extact string in
the log. Every https connection is logged as a CONNECT with the FQDN
appended the :443. Is there something in the config to force this to happen?
DOesnt seem to be a way of doing it with log formatting

Im simply rewriting to strip the 443 port and prepending https://. Doesn't
matter to me if CONNECT != HTTPS I simply need my url to be properly formed
in the logs