[squid-users] What squid should do with RFC non-compliant response header?

L A Walsh squid-user at tlinx.org
Wed Apr 5 19:18:54 UTC 2017

Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I noticed that there are broken services out-there which uses non RFC
> compliance response header such as the case of space, for  example:
> "Content Type:  hola amigos"

Hmmm....April 1?...

Seriously -- what would a user's browser do?  Probably depends on
browser, but browsers are notoriously accepting and most would
likely ignore a problem like that and try to use defaults to
decide on content and rendering.

So if you want your proxy to not look like a stick-in-the-mud
for standards, I'd just pass it on.  If a proxy rejected every
non-compliant web-page, some significant percentage of the web
would be unviewable.