[squid-users] Google Captcha, can something be done to help it with squid?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Apr 4 00:11:40 UTC 2017

On 4/04/2017 9:51 a.m., Yuri Voinov wrote:

> 04.04.2017 3:10, Eliezer Croitoru пишет:
>> Why relevant to BlueCoat and not squid?
>> It happens for the users for both systems and google clearly states that it's related to this specific ip activity.
> Ah. You don't said it first. So, may be bot behind proxy. Or...... skew
> routing to tor-like external IP.
>> (while bing and others works just fine)

I think it is the TOR involvement, I have heard a number of issues
between TOR and Google. But so far very few of simply being behind
Squid. It would have come up a lot more often if simply using Squid with
many clients was an issue.

TOR is a product based around anonymity. Google is a company whose
business model hinges on tracking users. "... and never the twain shall
meet" etc.

The necessary info is embeded into Via and XFF headers a required for
the HTTP part of the journey. There is nothng more Squid can do without
severaly compromising users safety. Further anonymising (ie removing Via
and XFF) makes things a bit worse as the non-TOR users of the proxy get
dragged into the issue.

HTH