[squid-users] Using client certificate for all connection

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Apr 3 23:53:04 UTC 2017

On 4/04/2017 3:06 a.m., Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> IE I want the only the users which their certificates are in a file
>>> will be able to use the proxy?
>>> The other side is that squid as a client will posses and use a client
>>> side certificate.
>>> Which of the above is possible on latest stable(3.5)?
>
> On 04.04.17 03:03, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Same things that have been possible since about Squid-2.1 or whenever
>> SSL support was added.
>
> iirs this was not supported by browsers, does any support ssl-proxy
> connections?

You recall correct - for explicit/forward proxy Chrome and Firefox have
limited support when PAC is used, or some advanced hacks like command
line options. But generally browsers are refusing to talk to proxies
securely. Squid supports it already though.

Reverse-proxy, non-browser traffic, cache_peer and Squid->server
connections are where it really comes in handy.