[squid-users] MAXHTTPORTS CentOS 6

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sun Apr 2 16:58:52 UTC 2017

On 04/02/2017 03:01 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> What do you think about including a patch to squid stable release?

A high-quality patch removing the limit should be welcomed IMO. However,
implementing this change correctly is difficult, and there are much
bigger problems to solve if somebody has the time and the skills...

> I'm not sure whether enterprise solutions should use this kind of hacks...

True, but a non-enterprise use case alone is not a valid justification
for having a limit. Besides, I have seen "enterprise" deployments that
had to raise the limit.