[squid-users] Large text ACL lists

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Sep 29 22:48:37 UTC 2016

On 09/29/2016 03:42 PM, Benjamin E. Nichols wrote:
> Well, forgive me for bad mouthing the developers here, but I think this
> is a good reason.

It is not. Badmouthing, for any reason, has no positive side effects and
may have many negative ones.

> it would be better
> to actually have something in your error log indicating where the
> problem is, rather than just having squid shit on itself and have zero
> indication of how or why it happened

Please file a bug report with specifics if you have not already.

> but we are also, unlike the competitors, ...
> we are actually doing our job rather than ...

Please do your best to avoid disparaging competitors on this mailing
list, regardless of whether you think your comments are 100% accurate.
Many of the "blacklisting" posts (not just yours) are already in the
"advertisement" red zone, and with the attacks added, the Project would
have to police the mailing list. That would not be a good use of
volunteers time!

Thank you,

Alex.