[squid-users] External nat'ed transparent proxy

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Sep 29 22:35:20 UTC 2016

Hey Henry,

I want to emulate the setup to understand the complication with a FULL linux based setup here on my local testing grounds.
Can you give more details on the networks in the form of subnets and VLAN numbers?
What is not clear to me is: Who is doing the DNAT?
Also, if you have not used tproxy and intercept on the PROXY machine you should re-think the whole logic of the system first before deciding on the next step.
There are systems which needs redesign when moving from Squid 2 to 3 or 4.
When I and you will have the right understanding of the scenario I believe we can find the right path if this is not already there.

Let me know if these( the diagrams..):
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/EliezerCroitoru/Drafts/MwanLB#Intoduction_to_MultiWAN_LoadBalancing
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/UbuntuTproxy4Wccp2

Make any sense to you so we can find the right words to fill the gaps in the situation.
Once I will have the right picture I would probably have enough information to draw some picture in VISIO and move forward to the Systems table.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator