[squid-users] Errors in cache.log

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Sep 29 03:47:33 UTC 2016

On 29/09/2016 5:43 a.m., erdosain9 wrote:
> Hi.
> Another question  in reference to this topic off delay pools.........
> if i have "internet-limitation" (a group with 100kb for all webs) and i want
> that users of that group have different youtube bandwith... is this
> posible??

Of course you can. You just have to configure it.

This is why I tried to make you think about the adminis pools
configuration, and the other one with same problem. If you understood it
you would not be asking us and waiting for responses to every little
change to your config file.

The config for this questions answer is exactly the same logic as it is
for the adminis group using streams (or not). Just different ACL names
and (maybe) pool numbers.

> I need to do another group with the user of that group that i want they have
> different bandwith for youtube? if i do that i will split
> "internet-limitation" in "youtubegroup512kb", youtubegroup256kb... but... in
> this way.. i have to give http_access for other groups to?? (youtube512/256)
> or just because that users are in "internet-limitation"... It is not
> necessary?

http_access determines who is allowed (or not) to use the proxy.

It is also being used as a workaround place to lookup specific
user+group connections that will be used in the delay_pool_access rules
(which cant do that lookup themselves).

You should know the answer to your question by now.

> i think im completely wrong about this.......... but i really dont know how
> to do what i want.

Perhapse it would help you to write to us what you are thinking is
happening. We can correct bits where you are going wrong (if any).