[squid-users] connections from particular users sometimes get stuck

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Wed Sep 28 08:22:04 UTC 2016

Hi.

On 28.09.2016 01:36, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 09/27/2016 02:02 PM, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
>
>> I guess squid
>> didn't get a way to increase debug level on the fly ?
> "squid -k debug" (or sending an equivalent signal) does that:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#Detailed_Debug_Output
>
> You will not get ALL,9 this way, unfortunately, but ALL,7 might be enough.

I took the debug trace and both the tcpdump client-side and server-side
(towards the internet) capturea.
Since the debug log is way heavy, I decided to put all of the three
files on the web-server. Here they are:

Squid debug log (ALL,7):

http://zhegan.in/files/squid/cache.log.debug

tcpdump client-side capture (windump -s 0 -w
squid-stuck-reference-client.pcap -ni 1):

http://zhegan.in/files/squid/squid-stuck-reference-client.pcap

tcpdump server-side capture, towards the outer world, empty - obviously,
server didn't send anything outside (tcpdump -s 0 -w
squid-stuck-reference-server.pcap -ni vlan23 host 217.112.35.75):

http://zhegan.in/files/squid/squid-stuck-reference-server.pcap

Test sequence:

client - 192.168.3.215
squid - 192.168.3.1:3128
URL - http://www.ru/index.html

I requested a http://www.ru/index.html from a client machine Chrome. No
other applications were requesting this URL at this time there (however,
capture does contain a lot of traffic, including HTTP sessions). Then I
waited about a minute (loader in Chrome was spinning), and aborted both
captures, then aborted the request. The aborted request probably made it
to the squid log.

Eugene.