[squid-users] How to log url_rewrite_program results

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 27 15:55:54 UTC 2016

On 09/26/2016 09:25 PM, Michael Pelletier wrote:
> I tried
> %{message}note %{status}note
> But I do not get results...

Did your helper return message=... and status=... annotations to Squid?
The %note logformat code expands into transaction annotations.
Annotations come from helpers (and other sources irrelevant for this
discussion).

> All I am trying to log is the ACL that was matched and the result. Is
> the default in url_rewrite_extras good enough?

You seem to be asking a question that only you can answer: You know what
your helper can do and how it is used. url_rewrite_extras is about
information passed from Squid to your helper. You know what information
the default url_rewrite_extras passes to your helper. Is that
information enough for your helper to responds with annotations
containing "the ACL that was matched and the result" info?

Alex.