[squid-users] How to log url_rewrite_program results

Michael Pelletier michael.pelletier at palmbeachschools.org
Tue Sep 27 03:25:22 UTC 2016

I tried
%{message}note %{status}note
-- and --
%note{message}note %note{status}

But I do not get results...

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Michael Pelletier <
michael.pelletier at palmbeachschools.org> wrote:

> OK. I will try this. Really, All I am trying to log is the ACL that was
> matched and the result. Is the default in
> *url_rewrite_extras good enough?*
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
>> On 27/09/2016 2:50 a.m., Michael Pelletier wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have a custom logformat and I would like to log the results of my url
>> > rewriter (urlfilterdb). I can't seem to get this to work. Can someone
>> tell
>> > me the basics?
>>
>> The helper potocol is outlined at
>> <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#URL_manipulation>.
>>
>> Each 'key=' in the helper output gets appended to the HTTP transaction
>> as an annotation 'note'. The logging can display these via the
>> %note{key-name} format code.
>>
>> For older helpers that use the pre-3.4 protocol without kv-pairs their
>> %note{url} or %note{rewrite-url} annotations at logging time even with
>> older helpers.
>>
>> Amos

*Disclaimer: *Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If
you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public
records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead,
contact this office by phone or in writing.