[squid-users] How to log url_rewrite_program results

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Sep 26 21:04:04 UTC 2016

On 27/09/2016 2:50 a.m., Michael Pelletier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a custom logformat and I would like to log the results of my url
> rewriter (urlfilterdb). I can't seem to get this to work. Can someone tell
> me the basics?

The helper potocol is outlined at
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#URL_manipulation>.

Each 'key=' in the helper output gets appended to the HTTP transaction
as an annotation 'note'. The logging can display these via the
%note{key-name} format code.

For older helpers that use the pre-3.4 protocol without kv-pairs their
%note{url} or %note{rewrite-url} annotations at logging time even with
older helpers.