[squid-users] problem reload configuration with workers

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Sep 26 14:12:47 UTC 2016

On 09/26/2016 08:02 AM, amaury at tin.it wrote:

> I'm using squid 3.5.21-20160908-r14081 and for the first time I'm
> using workers configuration. I have a problem:
> when I reload configuration (via init script)
> suid -k reconfigure -f /et/squid/squid.conf

I assume that by "suid" you meant "squid". If yes, then the above
command is a correct way to reconfigure Squid, including SMP Squid.

> the system kill squid-coord and squid-disk

Does "the system" do more than run "squid -k reconfigure ..."?

* If not, then "the system" does not kill squid-coord and squid-disk
(something else does).

* If yes, then you should fix your system script. Perhaps it thinks that
Squid died and tries to kill/restart it?

> So I have to remove pd
> file and lock files and restart squid.
> Please, do it exist a solution
> to reload with restart squid?

Reconfiguration should work "as is". If it does not work, file a bug
report with details such as your system command(s) and resulting
cache.log and syslog output.

> I tried also using something like:
>
> pid_filename /var/run/squid/squid-{proccess_number}.

Please do not do that. SMP Squid is designed to work with a single
configuration file without SMP macros.

Thank you,