[squid-users] Squid stop working

nilesh.gavali at tcs.com nilesh.gavali at tcs.com
Fri Sep 23 17:17:20 UTC 2016

All;
Recently facing issue of squid stop working. it was working fine when
there was little load on it.
Our system administrator configure group policy to enabled proxy on all
desktops with exception in proxy settings to local network.
Reason to increase load on proxy is; Google chrome browser - when opened,
it try to open chrome sign-in page which redirect to client1.google.com
and so on.
all these request get denied on proxy. Same with IE's bing home page try
to connect MS site.

So I carry out following changes to squid config file
Cache_dir value from 1024 to 10240.
Since we have Kerberos auth cofnigured for SSO, I also increase auth_param
negotiate children from 10 to 20.

after this it start working as of now.

I need to know what all caution I need to take more to avoid further
issue.
attached is squidclient o/p and squid.conf for analysis.

Thanks & Regards
Nilesh Suresh Gavali

and any attachments. Thank you