[squid-users] libevent

reinerotto augustus_meyer at gmx.net
Thu Sep 22 23:43:16 UTC 2016

Although off topic,
>Oh, yes, we've seen. Bugs can not be closed for years. If the bug is not
obvious or can not be replayed in one action - it is ignored. <

there is no software (besides mine :-) which is free of bugs. So the amount
of bugs still present simply should be "managable". More or less one-time
effects might even be caused by compiler glitches or "language pecularities"
(the decision to switch from C was a big mistake in my opinion, increasing
the chances of such effects) _or_ very seldom timing issues. Last not least,
you still have the option to sponsor fixing a bug, which for any reason
especially harms you. We are talking about opensource, better to say,
(mostly) free-of-charge software.