[squid-users] Parameter to define quantity of clients in Proxy Reverse

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Sep 21 17:34:10 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 21 Sep 2016 at 17:03, Roberto Carna wrote:

> Dear, just a brief question:
>
> I have Squid 3.4.8 on Debian running in reverse proxy mode, and I need
> to know if there is any parameter in squid.conf that I have to adjust
> in order to define the quantity of clients I will accept.

No.

> Or is the same if the squid receives 10 or 1.000.000 petitions at the
> same time??? (My hardware is big enough, this is not my problem).

Squid will handle as many simulataneous connections as your hardware,
operating system, and network connection can support.

It's just the same as your web server - it'll handle as many connection
requests as it can; there's nothing to configure to specify how many to
accept.

Antony.

--
There are two possible outcomes:

 If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.
 If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.

 - Enrico Fermi

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.