[squid-users] What's the algorithm to achieve AclRandom

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Sep 19 18:45:55 UTC 2016

On 09/19/2016 06:29 AM, ysu yang wrote:
>>     A. Define "session" in HTTP or Squid terms that Squid understands. Write
>>     ACLs (likely including an external ACL or an eCAP adapter) that will
>>     define a "session" for any given transaction and annotate same-session
>>     transactions accordingly. Load balance based on sessions instead of
>>     random events. The same external ACL or eCAP adapter can define load
>>     balancing by annotating the transaction according to the ICAP service it
>>     should be directed to.

> I see your point,but I didn't find what I wanted in ACLs.  i would like to
> achieve load balancing based on IP(maybe implement by Source IP hash
> algorithm).Do you have a idea.

Consider using an external ACL (i.e., Squid calling your custom script
when deciding whether the ACL matched). Your script gets the client IP
from Squid and, as a side effect, returns a transaction annotation to
Squid. Squid uses that annotation (via the "note" ACL) in the
adaptation_access rules to route the traffic to the right ICAP service
(or service set).

See http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/adaptation_service_set/