[squid-users] Problem with Kerberos and ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl not being able to reach realm's KDC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 19 12:08:52 UTC 2016

Well thats strange.
No i cant speak about openBSD, but below is pretty general.

When you test, did you set this before the test.
KRB5_KTNAME=/etc/squid/proxy.keytab
And does that keytab contain the HTTP/SPN
And test/check if you see http/SPN in the UPN, if not try that also.
After that change the
I just tested again to make my groups more flexible.

/usr/lib/squid3/ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl -m 4  \
    -D YOUR.REALM.TLD \
    -N NTDOMAIN at YOUR.REALM.TLD \
    - S dc1.your.dnsdomain.tld at YOUR.REALM.TLD \
    -i -d
This one is without the -g so we can use more group names,
but test with -g first.

from this example like. But i change the ldap group to kerberos group here.
http://wiki.bitbinary.com/index.php/Active_Directory_Integrated_Squid_Proxy

When i now put in "username groupname" after staring with the line above to testout im getting.

support_member.cc(69): pid=23472 :2016/09/19 13:55:39| kerberos_ldap_group: INFO: User username is member of group at domain groupname at YOUR.REALM.TLD
OK
kerberos_ldap_group.cc(408): pid=23472 :2016/09/19 13:55:39| kerberos_ldap_group: DEBUG: OK

this is all i have in krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
    default_keytab_name = /etc/krb5.keytab
    default_realm = YOUR.REALM.TLD
    dns_lookup_kdc = true
    dns_lookup_realm = false
    ticket_lifetime = 24h
    ccache_type = 4
    forwardable = true

and the ad dc lookup works, if you set the SPN in the UPN, at least works for me.
I have my systems keytab as default keytab and  KRB5_KTNAME=/etc/squid/proxy.keytab
export KRB5_KTNAME

TLS_CACERTFILE=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
export TLS_CACERTFILE

Is set in the /etc/default/squid3

So im thinking review the keytab setup and the variable.

And:
>The AD is reachable from the proxy machine but DNS is not done by the AD
>but on the proxy machine itself.

Same here, but i do have a forward zone in the dns for my ad domain.

Hope this helps a bit.

Greetz,

Louis