[squid-users] Delay pools for authentcated users

VerĂ³nica Ovando vero.ovando at live.com
Fri Sep 16 11:45:04 UTC 2016

Hi!

I am trying to set up delay pools for AD authenticated users.

I run Squid 3.4.8 in a Debian 8 server.

I configured come delay pools, but they really don't have effect. What I want to do is to provide full bandwidth for some pages and create a delay for ALL the others. This is because I can't restrict internet surfing and I need a solution and control bandwidth usage.

(Squid is working without problems with AD, so I will omit some directives about authentication )

For example:

#****************************ACLs**************************#

acl AD_Standard external Grupos_AD Standard

acl redLocal src 90.0.0.0/22

#****************************Delay Pools**************************#

delay_pools 3

delay_class 1 4

delay_access 1 allow AD_Standard socialNets
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 32000/32000 8000/8000 600/64000 1000/10000

delay_class 2 1
delay_parameters 2 -1/-1
delay_access 2 allow redLocal redLocal
delay_access 2 allow redLocal oficiales
delay_access 2 allow redLocal diarios
delay_access 2 allow redLocal bancos
delay_access 2 allow redLocal tarjCred
delay_access 2 allow redLocal inmueble
delay_access 2 allow redLocal mails
delay_access 2 allow redLocal externos
delay_access 2 allow redLocal varias
delay_access 2 allow redLocal servicios
delay_access 2 deny all

delay_class 3 4
delay_parameters 3 32000/32000 8000/8000 10000/64000 15000/50000
delay_access 3 allow AD_Standard all
delay_access 3 deny all

So, I am creating three delay_pools, the first one provides 10KB for each user (for the AD group Standard), no matters hoy many hosts are logged in; the second one provides full usage of the bandwidth for my local network to access those pages; the third delay provides up to 50KB for the ALL the websites, with exception of those defined in the delay 2. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.