[squid-users] Web Whatsapp, Dropbox... problem

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Sep 14 13:43:58 UTC 2016

On 14/09/2016 9:14 a.m., Chico Venancio wrote:
> Not really,
> As I understand it it is a websocket, that when proxied starts its
> handshake with a connect request so it can be "understood" by proxies such
> as squid.

Correct. Squid will open the TCP tunnel and (if succesful) send an HTTP
200 OK response to the client to let it know it can send opaque data
through it. For this client it would be WebSocket connection frames.

erdosain9's original post quoted Chrome output and some unrelated lines
from access.log (Google != WhatsApp). So we don't know anything from
that excapt WhatsApp connections have a problem, ... like the thread
subject says.