[squid-users] squid and files cache between multiple pc

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Sep 6 13:22:27 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 06 September 2016 at 14:58:40, Marco Calegari wrote:

> hi all
> I've a strange problem with squid v3.1.20

That is over four years old.  You should upgrade.

> Using squid also to cache "big" files (for big I mean >20Mb), happens that
> if a pc download a file, first time file has downloaded from internet.
> Second time from squid cache. Everything ok But: if I try to download same
> file from another pc, same file come downloaded from internet and not via
> squid.
>
> Why?

Thanks for including your squid.conf - that is useful.

However, we also need to see the access.log lines which are generated by the
three requests:

1. Original request (which downloads from the Internet) from PC1

2. Second request (which gets cached content) from PC1

3. First request (which download from the Internet again) from PC2

By the way, can you confirm that small files do not have the same problem, and
the cached copy gets sent to PC2 in request number 3 above?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
I bought a book about anti-gravity.  The reviews say you can't put it down.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.