[squid-users] BUG: Unexpected state while connecting to a cache_peer or origin server

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Sep 2 14:15:32 UTC 2016

On 09/02/2016 05:53 AM, Yuri wrote:

> What does this message means?

It means there is a bug in your Squid. Squid code discovered an
internally-inconsistent or unexpected state. The developer was not sure
that this state is impossible to reach and, instead of asserting and
crashing Squid worker, he decided that warning the admin about the bug
and trying to salvage the situation would be better. Whether that
salvaging actually worked, I do not know.

If you want this bug fixed and can reproduce it, then I recommend filing
a bug report with an ALL,9 cache.log leading to the BUG message:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#Debugging_a_single_transaction

> 3.5.20. WIthout any peers. DIrectly connected to Internet.

Yes, this bug does not require a cache_peer.

HTH,