[squid-users] TCP_MISS_ABORTED only for one site

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Sep 1 14:49:50 UTC 2016

On 1/09/2016 8:44 a.m., Rejaine Monteiro wrote:

> hi,
>
> we are having trouble accessing (only) that site below.  all other sites
> are accessing normally.
>
> TCP_MISS_ABORTED/000 0 GET http://www.ipiranga.com.br/ - H
> (the site in question works with direct access to internet - without proxy)
>
>  discarded problems with cpu, firewall rules, memory, acls, link, etc.
>
> I set up another squid (in another machine and direct internet access)
> with basic settings and the same problem. Any idea?

The particular details "ABORTED/000 0 " indicate that the client
disconnected 0 milliseconds after the transaction started (ie. the
request message was parsed) and before any response from the server (or
a local HIT) could be determined.

> squid version 3.3.13. my basic squid.conf bellow:

As Yuri said 3.3 is quite old now. It may be a bug in that version that
the site is triggering, or something else. You could try an upgrade to
current version and see if it disappears. If not the more current
version would be better to work with replicating the issue.

> http_access allow localnet
> http_access allow localhost
> http_access deny all

> http_access allow localnet
> http_access deny all

These last two lines are redundant (identical lines above).

Other than that your config looks normal and the site works for at least
two of us through Squid. It also passes my usual 'bad proxy' tests for
crashing servers just fine.