[squid-users] Authentication problem

Eduardo Carneiro eduardoocarneiro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:31:27 UTC 2016

Hi all.

I have a strange authentication issue in my squid 3.5.19. My workstations
only can authenticate if they are entered into the domain. When they doesn't
entered into the domain, I access any URL on browser (Firefox and Chrome
tested) and I'm not able authenticate on the boxes that are shown to me.

Squid logs show me "TCP_DENIED/407".

Bellow is my squid.conf authentication configuration:

---
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 140
auth_param ntlm keep_alive on
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 60
auth_param basic credentialsttl 10 hours
auth_param basic realm enter your password

acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access deny !authenticated
---

I noticed that in Firefox's private tabs works perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,
Eduardo Carneiro