[squid-users] Squid with ASR9001

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:01:25 UTC 2016

Well, if we're talking about squid-based appliances.....

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/CiscoIOSv15Wccp2

In this article descrived approx. half-year experimental experience with
various LAN topologies, and Cisco devices.

More common:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/configuration/guide/ffun_c/fcf018.html
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/143961/understanding-wccp-redirection-and-assignment-methods-waas

Cisco has not best-in-the-world documentation, yes, but everything
depends on an understanding of network protocols and basic architecture.

25.10.2016 0:44, Eliezer Croitoru пишет:
> Well I do agree on most of the things but it seems that CPU is missing in
> some devices and there for a simpler protocol is better but…. CPU…
Yessssss. Router has CPU. :) Not only ASIC. :) PBR is problem, because
of EVERY policy/ACL match handles on CPU.

This brings us to the other side - the rules / policies must be
carefully optimized - that too few people do, until the router does not
choke on CPU overload.

> Admins in many cases do not use their own to understand the complexity but
> from what I do see in the jobs market employers expect the unexpected.
Admins, in most cases, understand nothing and do not bother trying to
grasp and understand more deeply than in the first three-five seconds. ;)

About the present, of course, do not tell. :)

> Or if to be more accurate: They expect a mage which knows and understand
> every single protocol language and piece of hardware.
>
> Can you gather me what ever documentation on the WCCP protocol?
> I want to see how simple it would be to implement the same concepts
with an
> HTTP\tcp interface.
There's really just all. The main thing to understand how the network
works on L2 and L3 in OSI. And a bit network hardware knowledge.

> Eliezer
>
> ----
> Eliezer Croitoru <http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/>
> Linux System Administrator

There

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/133201/wccp-platform-support-overv

>       > ew
>

>       > Our ASR9001 has no commands that support wccp anywhere…
>

>       > Garth van Sittert | Chief Executive Officer
>
>       > (BSC Physics & Computer Science)
>
>       > Tel: 087 135 0000 Ext: 201
>
>       > garth at bitco.co.za <mailto:garth at bitco.co.za>
> <mailto:garth at bitco.co.za> <mailto:garth at bitco.co.za>
>
>       > bitco.co.za <http://www.bitco.co.za/> <http://www.bitco.co.za/>

<https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Wedgewood+Office+Park/@-26.04982,28.01

96914,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x142989bce6c63b3:0xc0b44878907297f4!8m2!
> 3
>
>       > d-26.04982!4d28.0218801>

<https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Wedgewood+Office+Park/@-26.04982,28.01
> 9

6914,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m5%213m4%211s0x142989bce6c63b3:0xc0b448789072
> [...]
> 9

6914,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m5%213m4%211s0x142989bce6c63b3:0xc0b448789072
> 9
>
>       > 7f4%218m2%213d-26.04982%214d28.0218801>
>
>       > The information contained in this message is intended solely
>       for the
>
>       > individual to whom it is specifically and originally
>       addressed. This message
>
>       > and its contents may contain confidential or privileged
>       information from
>
>       > BitCo. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
>       notified that
>
>       > any disclosure or distribution, is strictly prohibited. If
>       you receive this
>
>       > email in error, please notify BitCo immediately and delete
>       it. BitCo does
>
>       > not accept any liability or responsibility if action is taken

- --
Cats - delicious. You just do not know how to cook them.