[squid-users] Caching Google Chrome googlechromestandaloneenterprise64.msi

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:49:43 UTC 2016

24.10.2016 16:42, Alex Crow пишет:
> On 24/10/16 11:26, Yuri wrote:
>
>> No, Amos, I'm not trolling your or another developers.
>>
>> I just really do not understand why there is a caching proxy, which
>> is almost nothing can cache in the modern world. And that in vanilla
>> version gives a maximum of 10-30% byte hit. From me personally, it
>> needs no justification and no explanation. And the results.
>>
>> I can not explain to management why no result, referring to your
>> explanations or descriptions of standards. I think it's understandable.
>>
>> At the present time to obtain any acceptable result it is necessary
>> to make a hell of a lot of effort. To maintenance such installation
>> is not easy.
>>
>> And as with every new version of the caching level it falls - and it
>> is very easy to check - it is very difficult to explain to
>> management, is not it?
>>
>> It's not my imagination - this is confirmed by dozens of Squid
>> administrators, including me personally familiar. Therefore, I would
>> heed to claim that I lie or deliberately introduce someone else astray.
>>

> I'd rather have to explain to management about a low hitrate than have
> to explain why they weren't seeing the content they expected to see,
> or that some vital transaction did not go through, but, hey look here,
> we're saving 80% of web traffic bill!
So, what are you talking about - the smallest of the problems that can
be easily testing and solving by existing functionality - such as no_cache.

In any case - it is the choice of each and I only wish to have all
possible tools. And not to have my hands tied.

Especially when there are competing products that provide the desired
results. Yes, they cost money. But management is not often ask - just
buy what they need, by they opinion, and you - with Squid - went to look
for a job. So simple.