[squid-users] Squid with ASR9001

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:34:42 UTC 2016

23.10.2016 23:16, Garth van Sittert | BitCo пишет:

> Good day all
>

> Has anyone had any experience setting up Squid with any IOS XR Cisco
routers?  The Cisco ASR9000 range doesn’t support WCCP and I cannot find
any examples online.

Seriously, the entire range?

Who said that it does not support WCCP? It is obligation to support, if
only because it is not a home dish soap. That's when Cisco write the
documentation that does not support - and then we cry.

> I have also found quotes regarding PBR on the ASR9000… “With IOS XR
traditional policy-based routing (PBR) is history”

It's crazy city a forum talking about? PBR - is a fundamental
functionality for the router. Especially for the router at this level. I
somehow difficult to imagine a company that completely cuts down the
business by releasing incompatible with what device. This is only
possible in the OpenSource. But not in huge IT-business company. AFAIK.

> I plan to use this on our 10Gbps ISP traffic to improve customer
experience…

There is no examples because the solutions of such a level rarely use
Squid. Personally, I do not have a machine to play and write an example
to Squid's wiki. As you know, Christmas is not the wife of a router is
present as trinkets.

<https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Wedgewood+Office+Park/@-26.04982,28.0196914,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x142989bce6c63b3:0xc0b44878907297f4!8m2!3d-26.04982!4d28.0218801>
> The information contained in this message is intended solely for the
individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This
message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged
information from BitCo. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify BitCo
immediately and delete it. BitCo does not accept any liability or
responsibility if action is taken in reliance on the contents of this
information.