[squid-users] Caching http google deb files

garryd at comnet.uz garryd at comnet.uz
Sun Oct 23 16:47:10 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-22 23:18, Heiler Bemerguy wrote:
> I've never used ICAP, and I think hacking the code is way faster than
> creating/using a separate service for that. And I'm not sure, but I
> don't think I can manage to get this done with current squid's
> options.

Hi,

For this case I also suggest to use content adaptation, especially eCAP,
for the following reasons:

* ACL can be used to steer only abusing replies to eCAP to mangle Vary
field
* There is no need to apply local patch to new Squid versions
* There is no need to build Squid from sources
* There is no need to use daemons for content adaptation
* There is a sample adapter 'ecap_adapter_modifying' [1], prepared by
The Measurement Factory (Many thanks!), which successfully modifies HTTP
message's body. It can be to modified to mangle HTTP headers.

[1] http://e-cap.org/Documentation

Garri