[squid-users] squid-users Digest, Vol 26, Issue 82

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Oct 23 14:02:07 UTC 2016

On Sunday 23 October 2016 at 15:26:54, Yuri Voinov wrote:

> You can have slow DNS. Consider to use local caching DNS recursor as
> source for proxy & users.

Why would that result in requests via Squid being slower than direct?

@Krishna: You *have* confirmed that Squid requests are slower than direct
requests, for the same URL, at the same time, haven't you?

Antony.

--
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - stop exaggerating!"

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.