[squid-users] Additional ecap/icap questions

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Mon Oct 17 17:51:52 UTC 2016

Well this has been a pretty amazing bit of learning that's for sure.
Here's what I'm wanting to accomplish and it's been proving a challenge:
  Detect keywords (think DLP maybe) in http/https flows.  I've got ecap
and icap compiled in and working.  My challenges:

a)with icap, it appears that the filter content adapters only work with
b)with icap, if I use the "echo" adapter I can see everything on the lo
interface, but decoding it has proven fruitless for me
c)with ecap, I configured per
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/ContentAdaptation/eCAP, but
I'm confused on the ecap_service line..examples show
"ecap://www.vigos.com/ecap_gzip", but what do I put in?  I thought I
didn't need a service for ecap..do I point this to localhost or
something?

Anyway thank you.