[squid-users] Squid is not responding when the number of connection exceeds

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sun Oct 16 00:42:58 UTC 2016

Hey George,

If the Virtual Hypervisor resources are shared in a balanced way it should not affect your use case.
The first tool you need is "lsof" and not netstat since it has much more details.
And Before diving into anything at all my recommendation is to upper the basic ulimits to 65535 for the hard and 16384 for the soft.
If you need help on how to put it all together let me know and I will try to help you with it.
Specifically on RedHat 6.X to apply a ulimit you need to set it on the first lines of the init.d script like:
ulimit -Hn 65535
ulimit -Sn 16384

The above should allow your system to overcome couple scenarios of the system "overload".
If it works then it should be considered as a good solution.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator