[squid-users] Squid Umlauts

Gardner Roger r.gardner at midata.de
Thu Oct 13 14:33:14 UTC 2016

I keep finding that I should add, Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
But I am not sure where this should go. I tried going to the site with the proxy it works fine. When I go the from home I get just the login page and it looks ok.
It just when I go over the proxy, squid. Instead of umlauts I get "Â1/4" für "ü". All the umlauts start with "Â", then the part varies. I would like to give access, but I am not allowed.

I know the person who set this up, had to change nph-proxy.cgi settings. Maybe it is in there. Would a copy of that help?

Greetings
Roger Gardner