[squid-users] ERROR: Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:3128

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Oct 11 06:59:07 UTC 2016

On 11/10/2016 4:54 p.m., Михаил wrote:
> I check version of squid 3.5.21 with my configuration and I faced with a
> problem. Early I used in version 3.5.12 this line for connect localhost, but now
> it doesn't work.

Order is important. Where you place the rules in squid.conf matters a
lot with regards to whether they are actually useful and do what you
want, or not.

> # squid.conf
> http_access allow localhost manager
> http_access deny manager
> # squidclient -p 3128 -h localhost mgr:info
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> Server: squid
> Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 03:42:54 GMT

> If I set a full access I could connect to localhost.

> # squid.conf
> http_access allow all
> http_access deny manager

So what IP address(es) does 'localhost' resolve to?

> # squidclient -p 3128 -h localhost mgr:info
> stub time| WARNING: BCP 177 violation. IPv6 transport forced OFF by build
> parameters.

I know you said in a followup to ignore this. But it may be important.

It shows that squidclient was built with --disable-ipv6, and yet your
system is IPv6-enabled.

The name "localhost" for IPv6-enabled systems is ::1.

A squid binary that is built with --disable-ipv6 will not permit ::1
since it is non-IP4. But it will be recognized as part of "all" IP space.

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: squid
> Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 03:47:36 GMT
> What is happend? And what is the right way to connect to cache_management from
> localhost?

squidclient defaults to localhost and port 3128 for management access to
Squid. Just use:

  squidclient mgr:info