[squid-users] How to configure squid to let ICAP get the port of client

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Oct 10 16:16:46 UTC 2016

On 10/10/2016 05:50 AM, yanghe wrote:
> like "icap_send_client_ip on",ICAP can get the IP of client.but, I don't
> found other similar configuration to let ICAP get the port of client.

I would try

    adaptation_meta X-Client-Port "%>p"

or

    adaptation_meta X-Client-Address "%>a:%>p"

Quotes are essential in this context.

See also: adaptation_uses_indirect_client and follow_x_forwarded_for. I
am not sure how exactly those two directives will interact with the above.

If everything works, please consider adding the corresponding FAQ to
Squid wiki (or a patch updating adaptation_send_client_ip documentation).

If adaptation_meta does not expand one or both of the above %codes in
Squid v4, consider filing a bug report.

HTH,