[squid-users] ICAP and user ID

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Oct 10 10:22:23 UTC 2016

On 10/10/2016 8:39 p.m., FredB wrote:

> Thanks great, if I understand right there is no missing data, all the complete request (HEADER + DATA) can be transmitted to an ICAP server ?

Well, no that exactly. What Squid passes to ICAP is *a* full header and
message. As Squid understands the client request to be. But not the
exact incoming bytes.

There is parsing and initial processing of the message done before ICAP.
Some (invalid) headers and the chunked encoding details do not make it
out of the initial parse or can be altered to valid forms before ICAP
receives them.
 It came to light that hop-by-hop headers in particular were not all
making it through to ICAP. The auth ones should now be fixed in the
latest 3.5, but we have not tested the others.