[squid-users] ICAP and user ID

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Oct 7 16:52:50 UTC 2016

On 10/07/2016 01:18 AM, FredB wrote:

> When Squid is connected to an ICAP server, there is a know list of informations transmitted ?
> I'm thinking of username with kerberos, or some specific headers

Besides the headers required by the ICAP protocol, Squid can be
configured to send ICAP [extension] headers defined by the following
configuration directives:

  * adaptation_meta
  * adaptation_send_client_ip
  * adaptation_send_username
  * adaptation_masterx_shared_names

IIRC, modern Squids support logformat %codes in "quoted" ICAP header
values configured using the adaptation_meta directive, but the
documentation does not mention that fact (a documentation bug).

HTH,