[squid-users] Whitelist domain ignored?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Oct 7 11:23:58 UTC 2016

On 06.10.16 13:52, Jose Torres-Berrocal wrote:
>"dstdomain .office.net" does not match xoffice.net domain.  I do not
>want to match xoffice.net with the regex.

That's precisely why Alex noted that Amos' regex is incorrect.

In fact:

acl whitelist2 dstdomain .neodecksoftware.com

is equivalent to:

acl whitelist2 dstdom_regex ^neodecksoftware\.com$ .*\.neodecksoftware\.com$

or:

acl whitelist2 dstdom_regex ^(.*\.)?neodecksoftware\.com$

because is matches domain itself (neodecksoftware.com) as long as subdomains
(*.neodecksoftware.com).

And this is why Amos said that:
"Using dstdomain in this case is better though since the comparison is
shorter and faster than regex."

whenever you can, use dstdomain insted of dstdom_regex.

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.