[squid-users] Caching http google deb files

Linda A. Walsh squid-user at tlinx.org
Thu Oct 6 17:14:56 UTC 2016

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> We can, but ignoring Vary requires more/different work than adding
> another refresh_pattern option. Vary is not a refresh mechanism so
> different code areas need to be modified to ignore (but still forward!)
> Vary.

----
    I can't say for certain, but I'd give it a 75% shot of it being
used as a forced-refresh pattern because more browser-agents (as well
as caching solutions) are ignoring other refresh options to not have
to download unchanging content.

    Much of google's "ssl-everywhere", IMO, is all about disabling
the ability to have common caches for multiple users so they can
track the multiple downloads and the users.