[squid-users] Groups of peers load-balancing

Patrick Chemla patrick.chemla at performance-managers.com
Thu Oct 6 07:16:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am using Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20 on 2 Fedora 24 server.

I have to set a load-balancer for multiple sites, each using different
peers, on both servers + cloud instances.

Squid is the entry point for all websites. According to the domain, I
will have 2 to 5 peers to handle the load. But, as I have 2 big domains,
and a group of other domains, I need dedicated peers for each big
domains, and another groups of peers for other domains.

So squid must route requests :

- for domain A to peers A1 A2 A3

- for domain B to peers B1 B2 B3 B4 B5

- for all other domains to peers O1 O2

Load balancing method within a group could be different, as some domains
need user to reach always same peer, when other domain could simply
handle round-robin balancing.

I can't find how to group peers A1 A2 A3 to group A, peers B1 B2..B5 to
group B, O1 O2 to group O, then set the cache_peer_access to the needed
group.

Can you help? Do you have similar examples?

Thanks

Patrick